Character design and posing

Can't figure something out? Want to understand something in more depth? Need input, paintovers, pointers? Ask away!

Character design and posing

Postby TakemaKei » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:35 am

Hi,

I am currently doing a character design project, and i bumped into a problem. They all have a mark somewhere on their bodies, and I wanted to pose them in ways that shows the mark, but some of them have their's on the back. I dont think there is any way that I show the mark and at the same time show a glimpse of the front, unless i go Picasso on them

I actually have another way so that I show the mark on a character profile page, and then pose them however I want on the illustration page, but if there is an alternative that you guys can think of that will be great.

Thanks!
TakemaKei
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Character design and posing

Postby ignite » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Without knowing the specifics I just throw in:

Dynamic pose - showing 3/4 and looking over shoulder to viewer or any other direction that fits the concept.

Mirror behind Character: viewer sees frontal design and at least part of the rearside with the mark in the mirror.

However, I can image these might not be the best solutions depending on your overall style/design.
Your solution sounds well rounded and I think could work well.
ignite
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Character design and posing

Postby Tristan Berndt » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:57 am

I think you can just attach small explanatory drawings or notes if you need to show something like that http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/120/ ... al_art.jpg
Tristan Berndt
Level 3: Hooded Seal

Return to Questions, Help & Explanations