Tunnel Vision issue when I draw

Can't figure something out? Want to understand something in more depth? Need input, paintovers, pointers? Ask away!

Tunnel Vision issue when I draw

Postby beaull » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Hello, I am fairly new on here, and have not posted too much, But I believe when I draw, I notice I have a tunnel vision issue.
for some reason my brain does not want to focus on the entire space of what I am drawing/observing, I am trying really hard to break this,

I really want to break down forms, I love the appeal of raw shapes, but I am never satisfied, nor do I think I am doing anything really correctly
Its like I feel, my process to drawing something, is all over the place, and has no concrete starting to end point.

does anyone have any issues with this? I feel pretty lost/confused with my focus of trying to see shapes and make them into actual forms that Portray what I am drawing.
beaull
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Tunnel Vision issue when I draw

Postby beaull » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Note: as I am drawing, I am stopping every few lines to make sure everything is still correct, and making changes, I am also trying to get the use of plum lines so I can eventually accurately draw what I see better, however if someone still has an answer to this question, it would be greatly appreciated.
beaull
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Tunnel Vision issue when I draw

Postby Imbalantus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:26 am

I think everyone struggles with this, even pros. I guess mostly it's just a matter of experience.

A trick that helps me is to squint the eyes, then it's easier to see the image as a whole.

As for construction, analyze, make a plan and be disciplined to stick with it. Check out costruction tutorials on pinterest, deviantart etc to study how other artists solve construction problems and over time integrate their solutions into your arsenal.
Imbalantus
Level 9: Spotted Seal

Return to Questions, Help & Explanations