Problems posting on Sketchbooks section

Can't figure something out? Want to understand something in more depth? Need input, paintovers, pointers? Ask away!

Problems posting on Sketchbooks section

Postby Raze » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey everyone! I've just created an account here and was wondering how can I post on the Sketchbooks section. I've been having a problem where I get a message saying I need to use attachments, which I am doing. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Could someone help me here?
Raze
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Problems posting on Sketchbooks section

Postby Zipfelzeus » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 am

Heya, sorry for the late response. I'm technically also not the best one to answer that.. Maybe the files you're using are to big?
Zipfelzeus
Level 10: Ribbon Seal

Postby Raze » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Zipfelzeus wrote:Heya, sorry for the late response. I'm technically also not the best one to answer that.. Maybe the files you're using are to big?

Thanks for the reply! :) Yes, I noticed that the files were big, but after resizing them I'm getting this message "The forum thinks you're a spammer :3 Pls use attachments if you're trying to post images. Noobs can't post links yet, or sound like they're selling stuff"

I'm using the attachment tool, so I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.
Raze

Postby Zipfelzeus » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Hmm. Very strange. So.. Please don't think I'm trying to make you sound like an idiot (I'm not) I'm just trying to figure out where things go wrong since I never habd any problems

So when you post: You use the "Upload attachment" underneath the post right? You select your file and click on "add the file" and when you're then trying to post it, it gives this error message?

It that correct so far?
Zipfelzeus

Postby Raze » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:45 am

Zipfelzeus wrote:Hmm. Very strange. So.. Please don't think I'm trying to make you sound like an idiot (I'm not) I'm just trying to figure out where things go wrong since I never habd any problems

So when you post: You use the "Upload attachment" underneath the post right? You select your file and click on "add the file" and when you're then trying to post it, it gives this error message?

It that correct so far?

Yes, it is indeed what is happening. I just tried it today again, and the same message popped up.
Raze

Postby Zipfelzeus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 am

That sucks. Hmm I'll try and contact one of the mods maybe they still know some of the people who maintain this forum. Sadly I have no experience in this technical stuff since I'm literally just another user but hopefully we'll find some help.

It might take some time until they respond back.Sorry you're experiencing this inconvenience.
Zipfelzeus

Postby Aragah » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Heya!

So, the forum used to get a lot of spammers so there is a little security device in place.

Basically for the first 5 posts you have limited access to uploading pictures and/or posting links.
It also wont let you post if you use certain key words that make you sound like you are trying to sell stuff.

circumventing that is pretty easy, just post a couple more comments and then you should be good to go!
(go give some feedback on the sketchbook section *wink wink*)
Sketchbook (NSFW)

Check out these sketchbooks!
Squasar
Chazillah
Aragah
Level 8: Ross Seal

Postby Raze » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Zipfelzeus wrote:That sucks. Hmm I'll try and contact one of the mods maybe they still know some of the people who maintain this forum. Sadly I have no experience in this technical stuff since I'm literally just another user but hopefully we'll find some help.

It might take some time until they respond back.Sorry you're experiencing this inconvenience.

That's alright! Thanks for the help anyways :)

Aragah wrote:Heya!

So, the forum used to get a lot of spammers so there is a little security device in place.

Basically for the first 5 posts you have limited access to uploading pictures and/or posting links.
It also wont let you post if you use certain key words that make you sound like you are trying to sell stuff.

circumventing that is pretty easy, just post a couple more comments and then you should be good to go!
(go give some feedback on the sketchbook section *wink wink*)

Oh, I see. That makes sense. I guessed it had to do to the fact I was still new here. But yeah, thanks for the answer! :)
Raze

Postby chazillah » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:08 pm

hiya. i tried toying with some settings. try now?
chazillah
Level 11: Ringed Seal

Postby Raze » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 pm

chazillah wrote:hiya. i tried toying with some settings. try now?

It did work! Thank you for the help! :)
Raze

Return to Questions, Help & Explanations