Algenpfleger Sir Art Teaching Review

Can't draw while eating

Algenpfleger Sir Art Teaching Review

Postby Luna » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:05 pm

This is the second that I try to remember what I wrote by last hour.... because I forgot to save all my writing and logged out..... ::>_<::
..... Anyway......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking to post my Sketches when I back home, but....instead I "killed" poor PC...... Image I can't get my work files on that PC now... So Sad Genius Raccoon came to Laptop to write her Online Art Course Review...

I was very lucky that Algenpfleger Sir(A Sir) picked me as one of his students 2 months ago! @v@Yeah!~

Personally I am a kind of human lack of logic and sometimes doing the things without knowing the results...(eg. I "killed" that New PC today... again... luckily not during that 2 months again...囧...) And luckily I told my teacher in the very beginning of the course.
I used to think that art is about the lots of hard work but more technique and skills behind it... But this course finally rebuild my feeling of art! Here I am going to talk about my own feeling and experience of this course I just finished.

1. Trust and Hard work! --> A Sir always given me a looooooot of homework, and much later I found without doing those work, I couldn't feel what's the spirte and the connection after.
Honestly I didn't know why I was doing a lot of that kind of studies in the first couple of weeks, but I trusted what I was doing even my logic wasn't working on that way, but all came to life after few weeks later! A Sir all set up like one step a time for my studying path! The plan is achieve my dream and what I really want to learn. --> I wanted to learn color. For my weakness, through lots of homework and practice they will appear. And A Sir never angry with me also made me surprised but very happy, he is a friendly seal! Also through my homework, I found most of time A Sir wasn't just given me "critiques" but put all my lack of things into later lesson and that makes the study alive! By this I found for the very basic level, "critiques" is not useful.--> Has to have llllllllllllooooootss of Hard work first, and after those work, the mistakes will come out, and in that time A Sir Start to show me what's the mistake. The "critiques" really appear after I did a lots of works and a bit better, otherwise even crits would not have that strong points. I think everyone has different logic, feeling and believe of the art, so has to finish lottts of hard homework first, and when after those amounts work done, the mistakes of everybody will appear and appear differently. That's the time need a teacher help and poking me! @v@ I think all the logic came over the strong study. Without doubt, A Sir himself had a lot of hard work before and tried many different paths until found his own way...

2. Brought questions and heart in the course. --> During the study, I was totally mad... like you know, most of the course I was studying color... During those time, if I went outside I just seen everything like what I just learned about this "Color"... For example, A Sir showed me how the color works of the sky in the real life, I almost walking everytime with staring the sky and trying to find the difference between the different weathers, by that point, I have already got my own questions... So I asked A Sir in the next Session. That's important, during the week just focus on homework, and keep the questions in the heart. The longer time of the questions the stronger understanding of this problem I will have. That makes the great result from Teacher's answer. ^_^

3. There is no "Secret skill" --> A Sir really just given me a big guide of my studying path in the future! All the sessions in this course for me now just look like a clue of how I have to keep going on this journey instead of testing all the different paths. There was no secret technique, and I will not expect to find a secret "weapon" and suddenly turn to be a best artist in the world...Hehe... Because that's the real way of the art life...Just Hard Work!!!!
The mistakes I have made and by the logically One Step A Time of Hard Working is the clue for me! :3

4. I forgot what I wanted to say...@_@... Hehe...Because A Sir is a western teacher, there was no straight rules and I had a lots of fun to listen to his course.

OK... I am still very sad of the PC.... This PC is just not connect with my keyboard, so can't re-install the windows even... I am so.... sad.... I really want the PC back and I can keep working...::>_<::

By the way, if there was anything that means very "In-polite" I want to say sorry first, because my English is not good enough... I DO Keep my respect as always!

Editing: --------------------------------------
I am happy based on my goal --> Learning digital color skill. (I remember the art course started from 17th August 2014.)
Here are couple of study during my Art Course time I was very proud with, showing here:

Here are my Sketchbook: The studying before Page 18 of my processing were not having this art course. After Page 18 to 23 are the pages of my Art Course Processing. :)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=671&start=510
Last edited by Luna on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Re: Algenpfleger Sir Art Teaching Review

Postby sachsapne » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 am

woah you were one of his pupils, i envy you >_< Seems like you've learnt a lot
sachsapne
Level 11: Ringed Seal

Postby Luna » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:31 am

sachsapne wrote:woah you were one of his pupils, i envy you >_< Seems like you've learnt a lot

^_^ I also envy nice cute Sachsapne --> You improving a lot too! I was a very little tiny lucky raccoon! :P Yes, even my parents believe I improved a lot! @v@

(PS: But there is a bit not good: being Seal's pupil for a little while turned the little student to be a seal too... That's scary! *-*~) @v@~ :P
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Postby Raskolnikov » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Wow man, you were so lucky for having him as a mentor, and thanks for sharing with us all this. I myself here in this forum because of Algenpfleger , he is a true inspiration. Thanks a lot mate.
Raskolnikov
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Return to Lunchroom