Spring Animation Project <The Peacock Pearl> (Full Process)

Can't draw while eating

Spring Animation Project <The Peacock Pearl> (Full Process)

Postby Luna » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:02 am

The Teamwork idea started by Venoms (Kristina).
I was making an story on while Venoms (Kristina) and Rooster (Francisco) are bit busy with school and things.

Geebler (Junior) is going to try to do some environment designs and character designs! @v@~ And I am going to try to do some storyboards and the same things too~@v@~ Our journey is started! =] Looking forward if there are some crits or advice for us in the future soon! ^_^

Also hoping if more friend can join us and work together for this project to help will be very nice because that means more nice work and free time can be required! ^_^ (just a beautiful wish if some people are having free time~)

OK, Because I don't have school anymore, so I suppose have more free time.
So I wrote a story <The Peacock Pearl> for the Spring Project. I wrote by Chinese first and tried to changed to English for a while and edited many time too, but I think my English is still not perfect, so I am VERY HAPPY if anyone give me critiques of the story writing! Y@v@Y <3

meow... And because I know my English could be confusion, so I made the storyboard happen (unfinished) I am still working on the "Script".
It's the actually first time because Venoms (Kristina) and Rooster (Francisco) I started to feel I am close to my dream and can work hard for them!!! So I am very excited and I want to really working for it!
We are going to make an animation happen, but begin with... I haven't learn animation theory yet... so hope someone knows more about it can join in for this project! :D

The Story I wrote was based on Venoms (Kristina) advanced of Characters movement and Rooster (Francisco) 's Romantic color style.

First -->
Here is My Story PDF document I exchanged to image so I can upload here! ^_^
Huge happy with dear your critiques! <3
AGAIN:
Because we don't have any experience of making animation happen yet. So this first try we want to publish everything of our processing and hope some nice and experienced dear artists or any human @v@ friends can come to JOIN or Help to critiques us! o(∩_∩)o Thank You Very Much! <3
Here is the Thread of
Animation Spring Project <The Peacock Pearl> ^ ʖ ^

Last edited by Luna on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Re: Animation Spring Project <The Peacock Pearl> ^ ʖ ^

Postby Luna » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 am

And Here are some of my designs and drafts for the Spring project <The Peacock Pearl> so far
The Script is still to be continued (on Processing).......

First tried to translate my story to English and you can see --> My English doesn't make sense at all~ :P
t104.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl_V2.0storydraftOLD :
t106.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.Draft.jpg:
t110.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.DraftStoryboard.jpg:

And here is Watercolor of The_Peacock_Pearl.EnvironmentDraftStoryboardDesign.

t105.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.Luka&animals.CharacterDesigns.jpg
t107.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.Luka.CharacterDesign.jpg
t108.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.CharacterDesigns.jpg
t111.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.Luka.CharacterDesign.jpg
t112.Luna2015.The_Peacock_Pearl.LukaCharacterDesign.Watercolor.jpg
Luna

Re: Spring Project <The Peacock Pearl> (Animation Project) ^

Postby Luna » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 am

By the way, here are some feeling of the environment coloring guide Venoms (Kristina) did before, we were thinking all our processing is going to be public, so wish more awesome friends can join! ^_^
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (84.16 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
Luna

Postby Geebler » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Yeahhh, let's do this!!
"Life is a winking light in the darkness." - Hayao Miyazaki
My Instagram
My deviantArt
My sketchbook
Geebler
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Postby Luna » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Geebler wrote:Yeahhh, let's do this!!

Y@v@Y Okay, Geebler! <3 Moooooooooo~~~~~~~~~~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
couple of more color and design testing and try~ :3
Luna

Postby Luna » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:23 am

Meow~~~ Raccoon is feeling a cat got lost it's fish feeling of HOW to make a Right Script happening for a .... @v@// I will try everything then~~~~~~~~ <3
My speed is still toooooo slow~~~~~ I need too speed up! By this speed, making 15 seconds would takes.... @.@ Guess... HOHO~ ^_^ btw~ <3 Zzzz
Luna

Re: Spring Animation Project <The Peacock Pearl> (Full Proce

Postby Luna » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks So much for my Dear friends : James and Mr Owl - Joel Hladky Y(ÖvÖ)Y Helped me Checking English Grammar mistakes and the Whole Storytelling! Now I got the Much better English Version of <The Peacock Pearl> (Script & Storyboard is still processing, still don't need to be rush your time, Dear Sung... I pray~)
Luna

Postby Luna » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Describe them on Sunday @v@// coz I am a pig right now~ just want to Zzzzzz oink~oink~~~~~~
Luna

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:25 am

Because of my Final Life "Battle" failed for these 2 years. So I am going to start my new life very soon! @v@//
And the story project is going to have a little work delay for a month!
I will back from May (when I am back to China)~ and back keep work on it again with my other plans together!
See you, my awesome artists fellow friends soon!

Regards,
Luna ^_^
x
Luna

Postby Luna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 am

Very tired right now, I will do something soon and note down what happening and happened.....
Luna

Postby Luna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:36 am

I have to take a notes for the project <The Peacock Pearl> now:

I found out that there are still so many steps that I didn't know to solve them yet~

1. Although Soy Milk and me were already thinking about the scripts and the storyboard. but for our company (One difficult Mr Wu Boss has given us the date that) 2015.06.25 (today) our Project <The Peacock Pearl> finally "正式立项" succeed. Started from today and I got my a little flexible 2 hours each day for compose more music.

2. Our team got some new problems need to solve now:

A. Soy Milk is trying hard to help me, but how to manage and understand and make a plan for "Team Timetable" --> Because Soy Milk doesn't know much about art, so little difficult to make a "time" to ask me. I believe "I can finish this first one by 2 weeks", but if I found 2 weeks is not enough or only less 2 weeks, then what should I do? And they also little worried that if "leader artist Luna" can do this job or not. They are thinking "Luna is too far brave than she should be..." TvT..... meow~~~ (crying~)

B. Artist DD's art style is Huge different than mine art style. What shall I do? I want to let everyone here using their best ability to do a project together, but how to solve this problem? ; v; .......

------------------------------------------------------------------
in the very ending, I want to take a notes of what my father told me --> when I having these problems I need to learn solve them.....

1. I was thinking that "don't wasting time for the useless things" -->
for example, A. "Luna, I think you are too brave and too big head that for us, we general doing something that closer to our ability, but maybe the way you are doing is like......" I was thinking it's a good thing to know, but I can't stuck too much of being sad with silly me and stop to do what I believe it can happen if we try our best..... Also maybe because there is no one reason to prove that it can fail me...... yet....(?) I hope not for this thing... B. "You are not good enough, why you are going to say the style of this art....." "I don't think this style...." "we need to be equal......"
Many things are right, but I think if they can't be solved means they are wasting time a little bit..... but Now I found out I need to take time to solve those happened and happening......... it's not waste time at all!!!!! It only means I lack of those Skill a lot!

But Luna...... How can you...... you are too small and not good enough yet................ they don't want to........... ; v; ........... Help, god (?!).............
Luna

Postby Luna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Reaching different styles:

Warming up

A chosen place for mountain:

The imagination output with my team-mate Milk: ^^

I made a decision for Luka yesterday: he is going to have 2 character-designs
-->
one is when Luka is 8 years old,
another is when Luka is 18 years old.
I just finish Luka's 8 years old character draft today. I will upload the sheets once I have better lines(or colour).
Luna

Postby Luna » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Remember dear M said that actually everybody needs a shoulder... <3 ......... need to learn how to control the expressions so no one knows what .. am thinking about whatever sad mood or too sad or happy~ @v@// .. guess ... have been pulled into a river fall....... need the wings (?) .......
Too many young handsome boys and cute girls surround me, I have to close my eyes.... otherwise I might fall in their rivers......I will stop this falling before it happens....... </3 ........... too warm too soft... but my heart needs to learn to be Strong!
Here are the lists of how to design Small little Luka character (11 years old Luka) I thought about and did some research from 2015.06.29:
(Sorry for the language, because it's working in my company studio, so I didn't expect it can be all "understandable" till the Level version done I will translated them to English again back~ ^_^ --> for now, they are just me taking notes for "all processing" of <The Peacock Pearl> Project)
1. 單眼皮, 眼角下垂
2. 朝天鼻,塌鼻樑
3. Short messy hair (短髮)
4. 8 years old
5. Rustic farmer child (山村的孩子看了有共鳴)
6. 嘴有點凸出 嘴小 下唇厚些 (年齡小,透著些秀氣)
7. Body近直筒腰
8. 肩膀窄 (因為年齡小)
9. 頭大 (因為年齡小)
10. 眼睛大 (因為年齡小)
11. 衣服破爛 (補好的)
12. 嬰兒娃娃臉
13. 腦門大 (因為年齡小)
14. 皮膚較黑 (太陽曬的)
15. 草鞋 (?)
This landscape study need to do them everyday for getting more feelings of how Luka's story places are:

Luka First character sheet idea design -> 11 years old

I have made the decision for Luka's character designs.

Here are 2 Luka characters designs are required: one is 11 years old & another character is 21 years old after the pearl growing during the 10 years' waiting for "her"(for the dream that even Luka doesn't know)...

My decision was:
* Luka has to be a very Poor Farmer Child character looking! So when audiences see him in my final animation/animatic the First glance will knows that Luka's Identity --> Poor Farmer Boy! <3

Also because the financial problem, The final version of <The Peacock Pearl 雀丹> "Animation" Project is going to be "Animatic" level, but I want to make this "Animatic" polished!
Luna

Postby Luna » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:54 pm

For some new problem I have been told, I have to "Speed Up the Project <The Peacock Pearl>" in my company, and there are still so many problems need to be solved~ Life~~~ ; v;~~~~~

Here are few more Storyboards for the Project <The Peacock Pearl>
Couple of color for the project anyway.....
--> The critiques for this Peacock with Color from my team are:
1. Too much blood
2. She thinks the peacock should be more beautiful than this image right now
3. The wings look like glass instead of real wing
4. Peacock's tail not beautiful and big enough (they were discuss it's a boy peacock or girl peacock) --> His(Milk) recommendation is "Make this peacock more look like a phonix~ more '仙氣' coming from this peacock."
5. She thinks the peacock just need to be "weak" without the blood. But I think I need the peacock needs blood (from it's mouth) <-- This is a discussion still not decided yet.
Luna

Postby Luna » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 am

I got very frustrated with this project for few weeks already, my storyboard are so bad and I have Soooooooooooo much need to learn.......

Dear god, please let me get rid of my frustration......... I haven't slept for a little while now ; v;// but still around 20 hours for last week...

Here first is my old stuff.....
This is Luka's character design studies~~~~~
Luna

Postby Luna » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:47 am

Sorry for hasn't update for a long time, I was super frustrated for over a month already when I found out that how bad my art skill is and how impossible this project is going from many friends and many places...... luckily I am still alive (unbelievable ;v;....) I start buying Storyboard books and reading them --> I have to read them now, even I don't understand the language... I think I haven't get this upset for working before (even.....)
It's the 3rd time to change the storyboard and I almost get nowhere near the middle yet.... and even the story has changed a huge... and it's all by my hands, I am keep killing my lovely lovely dear storyboards and keep killing them without a sunshine...........
without Chris's help I don't even know if I am still alive...... around 20 hours Zzzzz for last week wasn't much but I still so far away from my first step... My friends told me "Luna, it's an impossible Project, coz your skill hasn't get any near there yet..." Now I totally believe it...........
firstdonein2015.8.7.jpg
firstdonein2015.8.7.jpg (294.59 KiB) Viewed 4845 times

dyingphoto1.jpg
dyingphoto1.jpg (251.23 KiB) Viewed 4845 times

Luna......... I wonder can you still keep going for this dream..... I wonder if you have give it up....... Here are too much happened..... I think one day when I get enough sleep and some more time for life I will write them down here... but right now my eyes are hurt when I sees the screen.
Is this project is really impossible to be finished?....... I don't know but I guess my friends are probably right.......

By gone days. But it's full of challenges right now, I am learning and working hard from the beginning. I only know there is a sun comes after the night, but how many people can stay past the cold night ...... Human, don't give up please...... I am learning... I am learning...... I have to face today... Tomorrow will come if we still alive. I love...... see the "unknown"...... I am a beginner, but I will learn......

I know I will be very wet after kiss the rain, I can still wish that I might see the rainbow in the end... but will the rainbow really comes...... I don't know, and I even don't want to know it anymore....... Is my dear friend's right that if I keep dream my dream I might get hard to keep alive, I have to face the.....
Luna

Postby Luna » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:29 am

just update a couple of 04/aug/2015 test images
Then is the Part 1 Storyboard
I think I have to skip many studies, I guess they are in my sb... I will keep update the more important stuff for <The peacock pearl>.
Here is the 3rd Version of The start part of <The Peacock Pearl> storyboard
Luna

Postby Luna » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:11 am

Almost forgot, here are my some my recent thinking for the style, and here are some research list I have done for the animation style thinking~
(because the style I have choose before [and my friend Milk has chosen was too difficult and need to take me too much longer for each image {2D animation} But I don't have enough people to help me making it~ actually so far, I have to do everything by myself, so I have learned a lot. Because I bought few books and learned something from them and apply to my work in the same time~ ^_^ I found it's a good way to study and read book when I am doing a project! @v@b])
Anyway, here is the simple list of the style I was thinking, and the reason I was searching them because the style seems easer for me to do (but some of my artists friends still disagree with me, but I don't have too good art skill and don't have much help in the same time, so I have to believe I can do it, otherwise it might just... so I have to trust even it's not really tr....)

The list of those animations, 3 of them are very very old Chinese animations, and 3 of them are Japanese animations. :) I think those styles are the way I am close to! ^_^
Attachments
oldcn_水墨_夏之章..jpg
oldcn_水墨_夏之章..jpg (163.48 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
oldcn_水墨_小蝌蚪找妈妈.png
oldcn_水墨_小蝌蚪找妈妈.png (121.35 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
oldcn_水墨_山水情.png
oldcn_水墨_山水情.png (213.56 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
Jap_TheTaleofPrincessKaguya.jpg
Jap_TheTaleofPrincessKaguya.jpg (388.46 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
Jap_Pants Pankuro.jpg
Jap_Pants Pankuro.jpg (469.5 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
Jap_MyNeighborstheYamadas.jpg
Jap_MyNeighborstheYamadas.jpg (278.86 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
Luna

Postby Luna » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm

The Peacock Pearl film 001 BG I have designed.

For characters I am thinking maybe I should try to use 3D ...... (?) because I can't draw human well so far...
Luna

Postby Luna » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 am

I need to find a time to upload and manage it more, but right now I got a internet problem again. --> I need a VPN to login our forum now (it only happens recently, and I am in Beijing IP right now... just take a note...) But the Astrill VPN I am using right now seems always have the problem..... I was using a Chinese VPN very steady, but only 10G/month, not enough for me... It's a hard question now... But... I will try to upload more soon...
again during I am writing, I have to fix(close the window and reset the software again.)
Attachments
2015.11.13.ComposeLyrics.jpg
2015.11.13.ComposeLyrics.jpg (82.44 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Luna

Return to Lunchroom