▬ ASSIGNMENT: 296 drawings! (+296 points) (+15 bonus if on time)
- 1. 20 figure drawings: Find ten full-body photos and find the horizon line. Tracing over the photo, locate the structure (especially ribcage and hips, direction of the limbs too with cylinders or boxes). Then draw the photo.
2. 100 gestures: Draw 100 gestures as ‘stick figures’ (see below) from videos or photography. Locate the horizon in each one and approximate the ground plane. (No floating figures!) Keep your stick figures simple.
3. 100 gestures, imagination: Draw 100 gestures as ‘stick figures’ from imagination, creating your own horizon and ground plane in each one. [example]
4. 25 anatomical drawings, wrapping over form, full body: These should be slower, referenced studies from nudes where you study how the anatomy connects to the underlying structure and perspective (which you practiced in #3 and #4). Look for overlaps and simplify the shapes. [Example]
5. 25 anatomical drawings , wrapping over form, imagination:Same as above, from imagination.
6. 10 figure drawings , rotated:Draw 10 frames from a 360 degree rotation video, paying attention to how the major anatomical shapes change and overlap from each rotation.
7. 10 figure drawings , rotated, imagination:From imagination, draw 10 frames rotating the same pose with the same eye level.
8. 5 self-photographed drawings: Take photos or video reference of yourself, family members, or friends, from different perspectives, and draw them. Keep note of where your eye level is when you do.
9. 1 final application: From imagination, draw a full figure in perspective (clothed or unclothed) with a background, applying the concepts from last week and keeping in mind the difference between wide angle lenses and telephoto.
BONUS: If you draw this final image for the Dragon King challenge, you’ll receive +50 points.
Assignment Due Date: Tuesday, February 10th
▬ HOW TO POST:
Post everything you've done the last week, even if it isn't finished, and your points will be tallied :)