failtome of dwagon °︸°

Brutal critiques and constructive feedback! Help others and get help back!

failtome of dwagon °︸°

Postby Venomisia » Fri May 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi, I just want to git gut and so much changed since I wrote an introduction so I got rid of it : P

Here the first works I posted here on permanoobs.
studeh.jpg
studeh.jpg (145.44 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

studie.jpg
studie.jpg (142.82 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (132.5 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

Scan0001.jpg
Scan0001.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

Scan0001.jpg
Scan0001.jpg (227.88 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

Some imagination stuffs!
koningin.jpg
koningin.jpg (289.66 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

This one is for a challange of unmotivated losers! It was to draw yourself as you are in an rpg or fighting game. This is me as a mage in dragon age!
challange.jpg
challange.jpg (303.94 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

Here is a wip im working on :). I try to step out of my comfort zone and make enviromental paintings.
enviroment city.jpg
enviroment city.jpg (479.83 KiB) Viewed 11160 times

DA: http://venomisia.deviantart.com/

Thanks for stepping by :)
Last edited by Venomisia on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 18 times in total.
The one who said hop before the jump - consecuence turnaround artsology
Very venomous sketchbook of venoms
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia
Level 10: Ribbon Seal

Location: If you live under a rock long enough you will imagine it being a full furnished home

Re: Very venomous sketchbook of venoms

Postby sachsapne » Sat May 17, 2014 6:06 am

more more more. I really don't feel experienced much be make sure to stick with loomis books for anatomy and do tonnes of color study from images and of course even more sketching *___*
great going, keep those sketches coming they look great*_*)/
sachsapne
Level 11: Ringed Seal

Postby Zephyri » Sat May 17, 2014 6:33 am

It's tempting to want to be able to do everything, but I'd say maybe focus on your character stuff for now and get good at doing those. You've got some nice traditional works - the two faces done with pencil on coloured card especially, and there's some hints of cool ideas in your digital pieces. If I had any advice for you, it'd be slow down a little and spend some time on the basics like anatomy. It gets said a lot, but it really does help when it comes to doing your more imaginative pieces! I can recommend Proko's youtube videos for breaking the human form down really simply, might be a good place to start.
Zephyri
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Postby Venomisia » Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 pm

@sachsapne: Okay! I will post almost every day :P. I started with Loomis long ago but I kinda dazed off :O!. Maybe should go back at it.

@Zephyri: Thanks! :D. I really got the feeling of loving to do so many things, I do anatomy studies quite often, but just last week or two not =X! I'm going to work a lot on it again. I just looked Proko up! I will take a start with his videos and then continue on studying.

Well this is what I did today :). Some gestures and a bit of torso studies, the male torso is a bit of problem zone for me still, but I will learn. I am sorry for the bad pictures but everyone is sleeping and I didn't want to wake anyone with my scanner so I took them by phone. I started doing the torso studies kinda in the middle of the night, so a bit lack of concentration this time =X. I have to focus more.
foto 1.JPG
foto 1.JPG (137.63 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

foto 2(1).JPG
foto 2(1).JPG (138.19 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

foto 3.JPG
foto 3.JPG (102.24 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

One color study. I'm actually proud of this one! It's full of mistakes but I'm kinda happy with the result.
dinges.jpg
dinges.jpg (170.66 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

I am kind of done with the little enviroment I started. It's actually not really done but I felt like I started destroying it at some point, which usually means that it's done for me.
enviroment city.jpg
enviroment city.jpg (288.7 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

And ehm here's a bit of a sketchy painting. I'm not extremely proud of it but it was quite fun.
im heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere.jpg
im heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere.jpg (221.75 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

Tomorrow an update full of anatomy :).
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Location: If you live under a rock long enough you will imagine it being a full furnished home

Postby Venomisia » Sun May 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Update!
I started the day with some gestures and tried to go the Proko way. It's not completely his way and I started way off, this is a bit of the way I went and I feel like I learned a lot, even though the gestures are not good. This way is also totally different from the way I used to do them. Again my apologises for the bad quality of the pictures, I put the contrast up a lot so you can see whats going on, but because of horrible lighting its a bit =/.. Oh at the end I felt like drawing a few horses but I didnt wanna do it later, maybe some other time..
gestures.jpg
gestures.jpg (264.24 KiB) Viewed 11117 times

Some portraits :).
foto 1(1).JPG
foto 1(1).JPG (112 KiB) Viewed 11117 times

Study of a ballerina.
ballerina.jpg
ballerina.jpg (154.93 KiB) Viewed 11117 times

A little try on quick enviroment studies. They look better when zoomed out a lot than at normal size =/..
env1.jpg
env1.jpg (27.72 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
env2.jpg
env2.jpg (39.16 KiB) Viewed 11117 times

At last some sketches :)
sketch.jpg
sketch.jpg (78.89 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
sketch2.jpg
sketch2.jpg (134.81 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
sketch3.jpg
sketch3.jpg (200.78 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Venomisia » Mon May 19, 2014 6:50 pm

This time a lot smaller update. My wrist is hurting too much to work on anything very long. But it didnt keep me from drawing a little though :).

Gestures! I'm kind of mixing Proko's way with my way, using what I learn but make it fit to me. I tend to go too sketchy on them still, so I tried doing them digitally like a long time ago I tried. I want to go less sketchy, to get things in a few lines. I will work on that.
gestures.jpg
gestures.jpg (169.88 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

I didnt want to do anything brushy for this moment and even though I am focusing more on people I made some simple enviroments, mostly just with color. i'm horrible with mountains so yeah, but it's funny doing this way so :D.
This one.. I kinda prefer without clouds than with..
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 11100 times
Untitled-1(2).jpg
Untitled-1(2).jpg (46.66 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (56.74 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg (61.96 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

A sketch I started with but I got the "not sure" feeling on it so maybe I will just trash it.
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg (135.66 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

A here is a study I'm working on. I wanted to try a more grainy brush but I dont really like it so much, I will maybe experiment other different brushes on this one as well. Now my way of working on those things is showy a bit :P. I always sketch first, then do the solid colors and aft er that sketch stuff that need to be sketched over and then I start detailing. Always the face first. I dont know why but I guess its just a comfort zone :P.
studywip.jpg
studywip.jpg (204.5 KiB) Viewed 11100 times

That's it for today! I hope tomorrow I'll be a bit more productive on more important things :P.
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Aliciane » Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 am

You're quite productive, and you're still very young, I have no doubt that at this pace you'll reach your goal :)
If I had to give you one general advice at this stage it would be : use bigger brushes.

You have a tendency to scribble a lot, to draw lots of tiny little lines and blobs on colors, which creates a messy look. Ideally, you should do one big stroke per plane/value. By that I mean you should only make a new stroke when the direction of the plane changes or when there's a change in color, you must have a reason for making multiple strokes. For instance in your latest piece, I see no reason for doing so many horizontal strokes on her forehead :)

So change your brush size constantly, start by using big brushes and gradually reduce the brush size when necessary.

Another advice I'd give you would be to use harder brushes with more opacity, but you're already doing it in your latest paintings and studies ^^
Using soft brushes can quickly creates a disturbing blurry aspect, and a low opacity will create muddy colours that you don't control.

To summarize, you should aim to control your painting. Each of your action (choosing a specific color, laying a stroke, ...) should have a meaning, you should have a good reason to place that stroke with that value at this place.

Keep it up, I really want to see what you'll be doing, I can already see your progress !
Aliciane
Level 6: Mediterranean Monk Seal

Postby Venomisia » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Aliciane: Thanks a lot for your comment. I took your advice by using bigger brushes! With the opacity my first reason to put on full was that my nib was worn off and I had to put off pressure sensitivity of opacity. But I think it worked out really well for the colors not being so muddy. Also I started to think more about what I do on this study. I caught myself in moments I started going scribbly and then immediantly went ctrl z-ing to not do that :P. The breastplate is still scribbly though =X. I'll go over that tomorrow.

I did not do much today because I was not feeling so well and tomorrow I have my last presentation at school. All I did was a few gestures and went over my last study.

gestures.jpg
gestures.jpg (103.11 KiB) Viewed 11071 times

study.jpg
study.jpg (105.67 KiB) Viewed 11071 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Venomisia » Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Haaaj,

A little update :). I had my final presentation of my schoolyear so I'm kind of done now and having holiday. YES!

Scan0003.jpg
Scan0003.jpg (137.03 KiB) Viewed 11040 times
Scan0004.jpg
Scan0004.jpg (131.92 KiB) Viewed 11040 times

Vandalin.jpg
Vandalin.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 11040 times

Scan0001.jpg
Scan0001.jpg (72.04 KiB) Viewed 11040 times
Scan0002.jpg
Scan0002.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 11040 times

sketch.jpg
sketch.jpg (129.63 KiB) Viewed 11040 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Venomisia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Gestureees :P
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (104.81 KiB) Viewed 11028 times
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (121.53 KiB) Viewed 11028 times
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (113.54 KiB) Viewed 11028 times

I was trying out some other brushes on the study I started with, I wanted to experiment a little. I wont say I'm happy cuz I'm not but I learned a bit from it, that's what I'm more happy about.
study.jpg
study.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 11028 times

Some heads
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (69.24 KiB) Viewed 11028 times

Here is also a drawing I tried using different brushes on. But I still think hard full opacity brushes work best for me. And values are WAY off! All my knowledge about them poofed away!
angel.jpg
angel.jpg (56.47 KiB) Viewed 11028 times

I made a little goal for myself of 1000 gestures :). I do them daily so I'll get there. I need to focus on so many things and it's my bday now so I'm not sure if I will post till monday :P.. Maybe I will idk. We'll see. Also a little time for my wrist to rest :)
Some other news is that I got past the first selection at a school I'm applying to so next thing I have to do is wait till I know when I have interview and then hope it'll go well :). I'm already happy I got past the selection for the interview!
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Lambs » Mon May 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi! :D

Wonderful variety here! Lambtastic, even. ;3 Clearly you're not afraid to branch out.

It can be so hard to keep your attention on one thing at a time (it is for me, anyway), but Zephyri gave you good advice. The fundamentals are absolutely essential. An expert is someone who has mastered the basics! Look up Kim Jung Gi and find all the cylinders, cubes, and ellipses in his insane sketches. Detail is just the icing on the cake.

For gestures, think about the relationships of the major parts: the head, ribcage, and pelvis masses, then the limbs and their joints. Ask yourself questions like: "Where are the main masses compared to a vertical line from the cranium to the floor? Where is the right thigh pointing? If I draw this knee as a cube, how much of the front will I see? What's the spine doing compared to the centerline of the torso? What would an imaginary triangle between the ankles and the top of the head look like?"

Kevin Chen's figure work has many examples of how to block in the key angles by projecting lines from their parent forms. Sometimes a line will start at the side of a hip and shoot through the body to the head, or a lower leg outline will drive up and pierce an elbow. It's a way of connecting parts we tend to see separately. We have to see how everything is related when we're striving for accurate drawings.

It's quite difficult to think about these things with a time limit. Try some untimed gestures where you focus on analysis, then see what you can apply to 30-second or 1-minute poses. And don't forget to do some poses from imagination afterward so you can see what you need to work on in the next batch of gestures!

Keep working hard!
Sheepy book of arts (sheep and sheep accessories not included)
Lambs

Postby Venomisia » Mon May 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Lambs, Hey! :D Yeah it is very hard.. I want to do so many things because everything is so much fun! But difficulties lay everywhere on each single path taken :O. I think I should go back to my basics now for some days.. It's the only part I dont like because I dont like starting at the beginning again, but it's good and I have to T^T. Also I will apply your advice on my next gestures, I understand what you mean so I'm gonna give a good try! Also looked up Kevin Chen now. Most of my gestures are untimed, because I started doing them from videos since they contain more movement, I dont know if it's better though. I'm looking up whatever comes to my mind in HD. Before I did that I was using timed gestures from quickposes and pixelovely, but at a certain point I was getting the same picture very often. In my next gestures I will put a lot more effort on and a good try in understanding everything! Oh and Kim Jung Gi is amazing!! I love his use of perspective so much! I see what you mean that the basic shapes are everywhere! Thanks a lot for your advice ! After this tiny miserable update I'm gonna work on it!

So here's the tiny miserable update! I can't help it, it was my birthday and I had some fun with my friends the day after and day after I was lazy =X.. Oops yeah.. I can actually help it by not spending the beginning of my adulthood on dazing off :P. But I had fun and a lil rest for my wrist. All I actually did was gestures =X.. And 2 very failous speed paintings because I economicly suck :P. I was actually wanting to do like 20 of those but it just didnt happen. I'm maybe gonna wait a little with that :)..

So here a bunch of failous gestures :D ( 74 till 81 were a try using left hand for getting the flow and right for the lines because my wrist was being painfully mean to be. But it failed so I went back to everything with right :P)
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (210.41 KiB) Viewed 11003 times
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (206.33 KiB) Viewed 11003 times
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (196.7 KiB) Viewed 11003 times

maybe should never post this but here ><...
quickpaint.jpg
quickpaint.jpg (21.29 KiB) Viewed 11003 times
quickstudy.jpg
quickstudy.jpg (60.77 KiB) Viewed 11003 times

Time start of with the basics again!!

P.S. I'm sorry for saying so much =X
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby sachsapne » Mon May 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Well make sure you do some light wrist exercises, that could be disastrous. Push ups should do (no im serious)
earlier you mentioned hard opacity brushes work best for you, but seriously don't limit yourself to 100 opacity. Go for pen pressure too, it works wonders >.<
Those gestures look great, the simplification to head ribs and pelvis is the most important part. go go go!! :D
sachsapne

Postby Venomisia » Wed May 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Sach: Hey! Yeah I'm also taking a lot of breaks now to stretch and exercise a little. Also finding ways to draw by not moving the wrist too much. It's gonna be alright :).. Hmm full opacity works good at beginnings to not get smudy colors. Everything gets more clear and the colors more vibrant this way. Of course pen pressure can help for rendering but in my opinion it makes stuff smudgy when using to really color. In the painting in this post I did put the layer on low because I've been drawing on paper and dont have a clear lineart. Hmm about gestures, it's kinda smart to do that. I think I shall do pelvis studies anyway next to my other studies.

Here is an update for now :). Gestures!
Scan0013.jpg
Scan0013.jpg (174.25 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Scan0014.jpg
Scan0014.jpg (153.38 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Scan0015.jpg
Scan0015.jpg (119.97 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

I realised my legs are waaaay off, so a little practise on only the legs.
Scan0006 (2).jpg
Scan0006 (2).jpg (115.26 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

Stuff on muh table, but very simplefied, starting with using basic shapes and perspective, then going more into the shape of the objects themselves.
Scan0010.jpg
Scan0010.jpg (83.56 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

My room kinda, I got bored of it kinda quick :P
Scan0007 (2).jpg
Scan0007 (2).jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

I tried drawing with my left hand, I want to learn to be able to draw with both. So maybe just gonna do this once in a while, its fun!
Scan0009.jpg
Scan0009.jpg (76.63 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

Some sketches!
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0012.jpg (133.67 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Scan0011.jpg
Scan0011.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (134.88 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Venomisia » Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Aww I can only put 10 attachments :P..
Here's a doodle I did for a friend. Irl it's very shiny and glittery >:].. And the colors are also more vibrant. Sadly my scanner kills it
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (111.82 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

Sketch :D
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (121.45 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

This one started as a sketch as well but I want to make something and finish it. I have to make some stuff to keep my portfolio updated :P
Scan0005 (2)small.jpg
Scan0005 (2)small.jpg (140.57 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
king.jpg
king.jpg (260.26 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
kingfull.jpg
kingfull.jpg (165.6 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby sachsapne » Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm

looking forward to rendering on the king piece. And watch out for perspective D: Scott robertson probably has the best videos and books for clearing perspective fundamentals check them out too *-* Keep posting!!
sachsapne

Postby Venomisia » Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Sach: :o I didn't know about him! Damn those verhicle designs are awesome !! Thanks for telling me about him :D! When I start practising on perspective I'm gonna study from him! I usually get that mood after a little of anatomy, and then perspective always comes and then enviroments and after that I mostly always turn back to anatomy. Those moods switch often so ! :D

I feel a bit ashamed that this is all I did in 2 days =X.. But yeah.. I was not home all the time so I guess thats an excuse for all the things doing being in the middle of the night. Oh am also experimenting with brushes a little in stuff so some future stuff may have weird brush things everywhere but yeah it's fun to experiment :D..

Lets start with gestures :D!
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 10955 times
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (66.01 KiB) Viewed 10955 times

A little sketch of a catlike girl thing :P
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (30.8 KiB) Viewed 10955 times

Heaaaaads from master paintings !
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 10955 times

Study from life :D The rose petals are from our garden :D. I should maybe also do studies from our flowers.
life.jpg
life.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 10955 times

A lil bit further on the king painting. I have to fix those legs.. oh about the feet I didnt have enough ram to block out that part so it looks weird :P.. But I have to fix them anyway so doesnt matter now..
king.jpg
king.jpg (51.75 KiB) Viewed 10955 times

I'll try to do more before next update :P. Less slacking!!
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby sachsapne » Sat May 31, 2014 11:13 am

that life sketch looks awesome, you should do moore of them. Best way to get a realistic touch :D
sachsapne

Postby Milolarsum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:58 am

Awesome stuff. You already seem to be improving. Really motivating :D
Milolarsum
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Postby Venomisia » Sat May 31, 2014 7:04 pm

Sach: Well here's one more :P.
Milo: Thanks :D. I am trying to improve!

Little update. My days kinda flow so quick and I just realise what time it is every evening when I start drawing. Makes me end up posting again around 4am =/.

Ok some gestures! I think I wanna make 5000 of them :P. I do gestures everyday so I'll get there. When I have 5000 I'll make a little booklet out of them, kinda funny idea to do. So here are some of guys freestyling :D.
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (92.4 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

Today I was in our garden and we have some nice roses now so I was studying some. I always had trouble drawing them even though I love roses! But kinda after all this practising I realised I improved a lot when I drew them. They are not good but I didnt expect them to go this well.
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (52.42 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

A failed lil selfie. I dunno why I did it actually. Just felt like it, and I made the stupidest mistakes I could ever do lol... ( Some aliens kidnapped me and stole all my knowledge about construction and proportions out of my brains) Shame Shame
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

Soo this was kinda funny :P. I had this sketchy sketch and my candle next to me and I took some of the wett wax (?) and put it on the drawing. And for fun I took my water colors and splat on it, removed the wax. After that used my market for lines. It's kinda weird but yeah experimenting and playing around :P
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

Life studeeeeeehh. In dark with the same candle but this time on!
candle2.jpg
candle2.jpg (36.8 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

Also continued on the painting. Yeah I'm slowpaced doing it :P..
king.jpg
king.jpg (54.37 KiB) Viewed 10919 times

Maybe tomorrow I'm gonna study some hands. I really feel like studying hands!!
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Yawns

Postby Venomisia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Gestures! No they aint humpin :P
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

Hogarth!
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 10895 times
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (41.73 KiB) Viewed 10895 times
Scan0009.jpg
Scan0009.jpg (40.85 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

Sketchy sketch
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

A labrat
labrat.jpg
labrat.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

Some simple dude without a real reason
dude.jpg
dude.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

And finally a lil progress on the king piece! I got some help on how to do the perspective. So I changed that a little and made a start on getting more value into this
king.jpg
king.jpg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

Guess dats it <3
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby sachsapne » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 am

yess yess more imagination sketches. Also try reading loomis figure draw (till page 44 where he teaches about adding bulk to manikin) It contains nuggets of wisdom D: Your productivity is increasing too :p
sachsapne

Postby Venomisia » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:02 am

Update!

Bit late hahaha :P. I didn't do as much and prolly cant today as I will be going to the circus
So here is last 2 days!

Loomish
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (79.85 KiB) Viewed 10872 times
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 10872 times
Scan0010.jpg
Scan0010.jpg (110.92 KiB) Viewed 10872 times

A little try making a lil town in perspective on a lil square. It's harder than I expected
Scan0009.jpg
Scan0009.jpg (454.25 KiB) Viewed 10872 times

studies using Conté..
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0012.jpg (400.23 KiB) Viewed 10872 times
Scan0013.jpg
Scan0013.jpg (349.98 KiB) Viewed 10872 times

Sketchy sketch.
Scan0005.jpg
Scan0005.jpg (92.58 KiB) Viewed 10872 times

I really have to do more lol
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Zakknart » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:57 pm

How many studies and practices here =O It's inspiring =) Keep working hard Kristina, your progress is very easly visible.
Keep making those gestures, they are a great exercise.
Did you already see something from Glen Vilppu? if not, take a look on the web, its fantastic for figure drawing.

Oh, I loved this one:
download/file.php?id=8361
Zakknart
Level 5: Grey Seal

Postby Venomisia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:59 am

Zakknart: Haaj, thanks for visiting my sketchbook as well :o! I'm glad my improvement inspires people :). I knew Vilppu but u just reminded me I should take a look at his way of gestures. I did a little try and am going to continue now as I was too tired to do it yesterday night :P. Oh and that study I did when my mom bought me the 120 set of faber castells and I just had to do something! She started showing the drawing to everyone that came to visit after XD

Here's a bit of gestures, not very much and last few is trying to get the flow, I want to try the Vilppu way now, it's gonna take a while to get them good this way and I will prolly do some longer ones now.
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (416.95 KiB) Viewed 10592 times
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (276.83 KiB) Viewed 10592 times

A selfie with Conté, not very good but yeah just a try. I find this pencil actually very hard to work with.
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (450.34 KiB) Viewed 10592 times

Just some faces. Well ehh 2 =X
Scan0009.jpg
Scan0009.jpg (296.42 KiB) Viewed 10592 times

And here is a painting I made, the perspective and arm are off but I was already very far with it when I realised and I felt so done I didnt want to spend a lot of time repainting big parts of the painting so I left it be. I will focus more on some things next time before I render everything.
chick-Recovered.jpg
chick-Recovered.jpg (494.36 KiB) Viewed 10592 times

Full res: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7l67tq.jpg
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Venomisia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Update! Yes, again, No no apologies <3

No gestures now, sowwie.. Well I did some figure drawing but not a full page of gestures but really other studies. So here studies :P Figures, hands, perspective and foreshortening! Also I looked up Vilppu and tried working a little his way on the more detailed body studies, will do that more these days!
Scan0006.jpg
Scan0006.jpg (397.6 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0007.jpg
Scan0007.jpg (435.9 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0008.jpg
Scan0008.jpg (232.75 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0009.jpg
Scan0009.jpg (225.97 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0010.jpg
Scan0010.jpg (332.03 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0011.jpg
Scan0011.jpg (337.95 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0012.jpg (368.38 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Scan0013.jpg
Scan0013.jpg (460.98 KiB) Viewed 10569 times

And a new painting I started on. I try to get the feeling more. I really like how my last piece looked like so I think I will be focusing on that way of painting. Grainy brushes and very sharper ones on important parts. I need more practise of course but I like it. If anyone has a suggestion how to add more feeling to this please tell me! :) I am working on making dramatic light, it'll be more dramatic just not there yet! I will also make the composition go round with focus points, bit of something from Feng Zhu videos. Well what I learned from them :).
shhhh.jpg
shhhh.jpg (476.7 KiB) Viewed 10569 times
Very venomous DA
Facebook
Tumblr
Artstation
Venomisia

Postby Luna » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:28 pm

haha <3
some of them give me a feeling of warm. keep going! x
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Postby sachsapne » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:27 pm

the perspective in your latest piece is gonna be a bit tricky since its will be 2 point. I really recommend calculating horizon and vanishing points on that illustration you're doing, it will make a lot of things clear. Perspective is like physics with optics in a 3 dimensional plane :D Also that piece gives a sensation of story telling. Keep going *0*
sachsapne

Postby Luna » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:34 pm

I like the perspective you studied!
I would like to see more of your work! ^.^ x
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Postby Nowio » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Cool sketchbook!
Great effort on gestures and I noticed that you're not afraid tackling topics you're not comfortable with, keep that up! ;)
Also looking forward to see how you continue working on your new painting.
If I may give a suggestion: I would change their positions and put the soldier in front of the girl, covering her from the danger (viewer/light), looking over his shoulder at the viewer.
Nowio

Next

Return to Sketchbooks