Birkenlaub's Portfolio

Portfolio threads go here!

Birkenlaub's Portfolio

Postby birkenlaub » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:28 pm

The hardest thing to do is to descide, whether a piece goes into "Portfolio" or "Sketchbook" *insecure gargling*

birkenlaub
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: Birkenlaub's Portfolio

Postby Joaru » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Just a tip, perhaps it'd be easier to select things this way: portfolio contains the kind of work you would like to do in the future (for example, character designs, narrative illustrations) and showcases your best skills/assets; sketchbook contains studies + work in progress + exercises (things you don't invest a lot of time on).
(Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Personally for these, it'd be great to see them polished/finished (white backgrounds make them look unfinished because it's the default color of the canvas).

Cheers!
Joaru

Re: Birkenlaub's Portfolio

Postby birkenlaub » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:46 am

Joaru wrote:Just a tip, perhaps it'd be easier to select things this way: portfolio contains the kind of work you would like to do in the future (for example, character designs, narrative illustrations) and showcases your best skills/assets; sketchbook contains studies + work in progress + exercises (things you don't invest a lot of time on).
(Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Personally for these, it'd be great to see them polished/finished (white backgrounds make them look unfinished because it's the default color of the canvas).

Cheers!

Hello
I'm sorry for taking so long to answer!
Thanks a lot for your helpful advise, I was really lost on the subject.
Yeah white backgrounds are one of my bad habits, time to tackle that :)
birkenlaub

Return to Finished work