Anton's Work

Portfolio threads go here!

Anton's Work

Postby aoxenuk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:33 am

Hey everyone, in my quest to get better at art I decided to join this place and maybe learn something from you guys. Cheers!

aoxenuk
Level 1: New Zealand Fur Seal

Re: Anton's Work

Postby three » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:12 am

Some really impressive blending in here, wow, all your colours and values look so gorgeous and silky. What's your process like?
The only criticism I can offer right now is your faces are a little weak, I can sense a certain lack of confidence in them and it's clear you're not as comfortable with the forms of the face as you are elsewhere. With that said, everything else really does look beautiful, I think some portrait studies would go a long way for you. Keep it up :)
three
Level 3: Hooded Seal

Postby aoxenuk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks man, you made me consider some aspects of my work I've been not paying enough attention to!

Here's new stuff
I was going for a game card kind of format with this one.
aoxenuk

Postby aoxenuk » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:35 am

sorry guys I'm the most secluded person in the world, can't keep up with the communities and stuff, makes me feel kinda bad :c

anyway, here's a new work, a gift Link from legend of Zelda piece for a friend
aoxenuk

Postby OrochiG » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Beautiful. My favorites are the first three because they remind me so much of one of my heroes' work. I'm curious. Were some of these painted in SAI?

My suggestion for the latest two pieces would be to balance between bright and subdued colors. While they're really nice, some of the visual information gets lost because the bright colors are so overpowering is some areas. If you want some brighter colors in the background, try and pick some colors that are relatively bright to a subdued color palette.

Good luck and hope this helps!
OrochiG
Level 6: Mediterranean Monk Seal

Postby aoxenuk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks Orochi for your feedback! Sorry it takes me an eternity to get back to people because I'm a lazy asshat :c And everything is painted in photoshop, I don't have anything else/

More new stuff that's not so new anymore:
aoxenuk

Postby aoxenuk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Trying to be less surreal and more literal, avoiding my usual comfort zone and getting into the grounded in reality stuff.
aoxenuk

Postby Qikalain » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:26 pm

The last painting looks and feels really different from your usual work, but I like it. Anyway im such a huge fan of your surreal shapes, give me more!
Qikalain

Postby aoxenuk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks! Yeah I was shifting my art direction slightly on that last one for nefarious reasons. And yeah I'll be uploading everything substantial when I'm done with it everywhere :3
aoxenuk

Postby Bartlomiej » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:49 pm

I like your style and some of abstract forms.. I think you could do more experiment with colours of bodies..
Bartlomiej
Level 4: Crabeater Seal

Postby aoxenuk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:43 am

Thanks Qikalain and Bartlomiej! I try my best and gonna keep trying to improve further :)

sorry I am as always incredibly bad at keeping up a forum thread of my own.

Here are some newer images from me:

aoxenuk

Postby cgaddict » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Nice work here, big fan of your dynamic composition and color palettes. You also have a very unique style. Keep it up!
cgaddict
Level 6: Mediterranean Monk Seal

Postby Felipe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Truly awesome stuff! I just love how imaginative you are, makes me feel ashamed to go back to the "default" fantasy ideas (dragons, warriors, elf, etc). And that's a good thing! :)
If I can critique your artwork at all, the only thing that bothers me a bit is that there isn't usually a focal point to your illustrations, so try saving most contrast, hues and detail to what you want the focus to be. Even simple things like losing edges and saturation a little on things you don't want people to focus on go a really long way.
Lastly, I just want to reiterate how I love your style and imagination. Thanks for reminding me that we're kinda omnipotent on our paintings, meaning we can do whatever we want. :)

Keep up the awesome!
Felipe

Postby rewitan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:47 am

fantastic stuff
rewitan
Level 4: Crabeater Seal

Return to Finished work