Show your workstation

And brushes! Sharing is caring <3

Show your workstation

Postby Palladium » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 am

Hey guys, thought I would start a new thread for showing off your workstations since I hadn't seen one on here yet. Having just read an article about workstation ergonomics, I was curious to see how many of you have found solutions to the issues that many digital artists find themselves having, like tendonitis, back pain, headaches and many other aches associated with sitting in front of your computer screen too long lol. Here is the link to the article I read if anyone is interested:D Followed by pics of my workstation which is setup all wrong imo (maybe I'll get some ideas from all of yours :D). Anyways, feel free to post pics of your workstations or comment on others.

Computer Artist Workstation Ergonomics
Attachments
workstation1.jpg
workstation1.jpg (303.77 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
workstation2.jpg
workstation2.jpg (343.96 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium
Level 10: Ribbon Seal

Re: Show your workstation

Postby sachsapne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 am

woah dude thats a lot of info there. Never knew about that stuff O_O to avoid health problems i usually take breaks after every hour (doing some exercises) and the other thing digital artists need to watch out is for eyes. Concentrating on screen reduces blinking rate which might cause dryness in the eye, with the less lubrication in eyeballs it isn't surprising if one gets spectacles. I recently visited an ophthalmologist, he advice me to wash face and take these rests after staring at screen once in an every hour or 2. Hope it helps C:
also im so jelly of that drafting table thing of yours

My desk is too messy and im too lazy to clean=_=)/
sachsapne
Level 11: Ringed Seal

Postby Palladium » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:18 am

sachsapne- Yeah, I always get dry eyes while working digitally, I read somewhere else that it could be helpful to look away from the screen and at something some distance away. Maybe it's the focusing on the one distance ie (your computer screen), that is causing the issues. Just seems I get similar eye dryness, headaches while watching tv, reading etc etc. I don't think our eyes were made for staring at anything for an extended period of time lol. I have also visited my ophthalmologist, nothing wrong with mine but a slight astigmatism in my left eye. I like your setup btw, it's compact, I use a similar setup when I travel. As for my drafting table, I just cleaned it off, had a printer scanner, old sketches, and stacks of clothing on it lol. Hopefully I'll use it now.:)
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium

Postby Luna » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm

haha, sachsapne! I see you have the pics of human body on the wall~! That's very cool! ^_^
Byy... the way... I can't show mine, because I am working in my bedroom, and it is very small and very messy and if any mistake the photos can be rude, I want to be a polite guy!
- -!
I hope one day I can have a big nice place to do! ^_^
x
HOHO~ very fun to see all your workplace guys! haha :P
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Postby Palladium » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Luna wrote:haha, sachsapne! I see you have the pics of human body on the wall~! That's very cool! ^_^
Byy... the way... I can't show mine, because I am working in my bedroom, and it is very small and very messy and if any mistake the photos can be rude, I want to be a polite guy!
- -!
I hope one day I can have a big nice place to do! ^_^
x
HOHO~ very fun to see all your workplace guys! haha :P

We're artists, so I guess we'll use our imaginations :D
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium

Postby GreenArt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I was visiting family in Weston Super Mare England and being from Scotland the weather was hot for me down there! so I made a temporary workstation out the back of uncles garden, what more could a guy need, Sun, Paper and Beer! :)
Attachments
workstation.jpg
workstation.jpg (245.76 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
GreenArt
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Postby Palladium » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 pm

GreenArt wrote:I was visiting family in Weston Super Mare England and being from Scotland the weather was hot for me down there! so I made a temporary workstation out the back of uncles garden, what more could a guy need, Sun, Paper and Beer! :)

Now that's an awesome workstation Greenart:)
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium

Postby GreenArt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Palladium wrote:
GreenArt wrote:I was visiting family in Weston Super Mare England and being from Scotland the weather was hot for me down there! so I made a temporary workstation out the back of uncles garden, what more could a guy need, Sun, Paper and Beer! :)

Now that's an awesome workstation Greenart:)

Thanks :) I have desk underneath the stairs where the pc sits that i've designated as my workstation with a load of imagine fx magazines and all my gear but I find myself comfiest spralled on the couch with my knees up resting my pad on them :) I suppose whichever suits is best but I like the idea of having a seperate area or 'Man/Woman Cave' specially for drawing but thats just me!
GreenArt
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Return to Tutorials and Resources