Algenpfleger's progress video

And brushes! Sharing is caring <3

Algenpfleger's progress video

Postby Palladium » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Found this the other day, some guy put it together a while back to show our very own Algenpflegers entire old sketchbook in video form. Only thing missing is all of the helpful critiques and other info located within the thread. You need quicktime to play it, and it takes about a minute for it to load up.
Algenpflegers Progress Video
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium
Level 10: Ribbon Seal

Re: Algenpfleger's progress video

Postby Luna » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Cheers ! That's wonderful and amazing to see all those journey without turn each page again and again! Haha! ^_^
Thank you for this!! It's inspiring and give the direction! ^_^
X
Luna
Level 14: Caspian Seal

Postby Blaqck » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:25 am

Incredible amount of work in a "short" time. Saw alot of faces there and I don't know if it was intended, but around the middle, when he made self portraits (they might aren't, I don't know, but it looks like it) and drew female humans afterwards, he gave them similar faces as himself^^

Well, shows me once again, that I should draw quicker, even when using the whole day I can't put so much down as he did. Thanks for sharing.
Blaqck
Level 3: Hooded Seal

Postby foxfire » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 am

thanks for this!
kinda ironic eh , years of work and when you put it in video form it only took a 25min video to see someone from noob to pro.
amazing
foxfire
Level 3: Hooded Seal

Postby Palladium » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:00 am

Blaqck wrote:Incredible amount of work in a "short" time. Saw alot of faces there and I don't know if it was intended, but around the middle, when he made self portraits (they might aren't, I don't know, but it looks like it) and drew female humans afterwards, he gave them similar faces as himself^^

Well, shows me once again, that I should draw quicker, even when using the whole day I can't put so much down as he did. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing years ago when he was originally posting them haha. I guess its because his face was the one reference that's always there at any time, and I've noticed that many artists fall into this. The best way around it is to draw faces of different races and sexes. I myself have just started to put reference folders together such as Caucasian, African American, Asian, etc etc. And trying to study the differences from one another, its definitely helped out in getting my sketches from imagination to look like different characters instead of the same ones. There's another artist on here, zapattack I think, said that he takes it a step further and collects images of peoples faces that evoke some sort of emotion in him. Like if someone has a face that kinda scares you or weirds you out, do studies of them, and try to figure out why it causes you to feel that way. Sounds really weird but cool, and would break up the monotony of just studying from a photo for values and edges. This would put an entirely different spin and reason to do the study. :D Anyways glad to be of some assistance on here lol.
Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

-DO NOT CLICK THIS

- DA
Palladium
Level 10: Ribbon Seal

Postby esoQsell » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 pm

Who wants to be my friend?

we can be friends?

Postby SaraCuervo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 pm

foxfire wrote: kinda ironic eh , years of work and when you put it in video form it only took a 25min video to see someone from noob to pro.

Couldn't agree more :'D Thank you very much for sharing!
SaraCuervo
Level 1: New Zealand Fur Seal

Postby ubem » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:19 pm

today I learned
I need to draw more
Critiques Appreciated!(Sketchbook)
Artstation
Facebook
DA
"Study the greats and become greater" - Michael Jackson
ubem
Level 6: Mediterranean Monk Seal

Postby timwilson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Amazing, and I'm sure he didn't post half his work he did to his sketch book. Really motivational.
timwilson
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Return to Tutorials and Resources