Ideas for future challenges.

Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 am

Post your topics here!

Any thing that comes to your mind, it can be just a theme, or whole brief, it's all up to you.
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby theboyofcheese » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 am

Angels! :D I love me some angels!
User avatar
theboyofcheese
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 am

that's cool idea! are you up for character or environmnet more? maybe illustration?

what comes to my mind is this: design city of angels include view from above, sections of the city, concept of the most characteristic building.
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby BeruangSarkis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 am

A challenge that makes us paint a scene inspired from poetry could be interesting. Like doing something based on "Ozymandias" or "Helas".
User avatar
BeruangSarkis
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 am

@BeruangSarkis

you can go for that, look for a nice poetry/book excerpts or quotes and post them here, so we can choose one of them :)
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby BeruangSarkis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 am

takashmen wrote:@BeruangSarkis

you can go for that, look for a nice poetry/book excerpts or quotes and post them here, so we can choose one of them :)


Heh, I'm not much of a literary guy so I'm not familiar most of literary works, but I'll see what I can find.
User avatar
BeruangSarkis
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 am

BeruangSarkis wrote:
Heh, I'm not much of a literary guy so I'm not familiar most of literary works, but I'll see what I can find.


you can go for Game of Thrones books, Diune series, maybe Roger Zelezny, any author you like, even Star Wars books will be great :)
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby Choob » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:49 am

BeruangSarkis wrote:A challenge that makes us paint a scene inspired from poetry could be interesting. Like doing something based on "Ozymandias" or "Helas".


Seeing everyone's interpretations of Ozymandias would be awesome, love that poem. I think literary stuff might be a cool thing to try, people don't have to be familiar with the chosen literature, if anything it might be more fun if they weren't and were introduced to it through the challenge.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought.”
Facebook | Ancient Blog | New Sketchbook | Inspiration Tumblr | My Tumblr
User avatar
Choob
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am

Choob wrote:Seeing everyone's interpretations of Ozymandias would be awesome, love that poem. I think literary stuff might be a cool thing to try, people don't have to be familiar with the chosen literature, if anything it might be more fun if they weren't and were introduced to it through the challenge.


sounds interesting! can you post a link to this poem or more info about Ozymandias, not familiar with it at all :)
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby BeruangSarkis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

takashmen wrote:
sounds interesting! can you post a link to this poem or more info about Ozymandias, not familiar with it at all :)



"I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."


-By Percy Bysshe Shelley

Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame did a reading of the poem; he delivered the mystery of it quite well I think; and manages to make it sound quite creepy (well, if you disregard the video and the wilhelm scream at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tfzbN1yVSI
User avatar
BeruangSarkis
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby donm » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Maybe taking literary, film, game icons and redesigning them for a different genre like the Skillful Huntsman art book?
User avatar
donm
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby takashmen » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 am

donm wrote:Maybe taking literary, film, game icons and redesigning them for a different genre like the Skillful Huntsman art book?


that's also cool idea, give your faves, so we can choose.

Get involved people!!
takashmen
Level 3: Hooded Seal
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby Willlake » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:01 pm

why don't we let the winner of the week's challenge pick the subject of the next one?
User avatar
Willlake
Level 4: Crabeater Seal
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: north east england

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby algenpfleger » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Willlake wrote:why don't we let the winner of the week's challenge pick the subject of the next one?


that's a pretty cool idea!
User avatar
algenpfleger
Harp Seal
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: On the cliff by the sea

Re: Ideas for future challenges.

Postby Willlake » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:52 am

thanks hannes, just kinda figured its sort of an unofficial prize or somethin' for winning..
User avatar
Willlake
Level 4: Crabeater Seal
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: north east england


Return to Environment of the Week

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest