New

Post any artwork that you specifically want to receive critique, paint-overs, or feedback on

New

Postby calicojack » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, my name is Tyler. I'm doing some finishing touches on a painting and I want to get better. I'm starting to feel happy with this but I know there's more that can be done to make it better! Any help would be appreciated!

Vixen1.jpg
Vixen1.jpg (472.2 KiB) Viewed 567 times
calicojack
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Re: New

Postby caiowcxs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

The perspective of the helmet is off, the lines of the radio/microphone are vanishing to one point, while the ones of the helmet/head are vanishing to another. As they are parallel, they should share the same vanishing point.

I cannot understand the anatomy on her back, the neck is not attatching correctly.

The skin tone is a bit green/gray-ish, and the rendering of the hair is not convincing. I'd suggest studying those things i said individually, then going back and trying to apply it to this piece.

I really like the rendering of the helmet, tough!
caiowcxs
Level 2: Steller Sea Lion

Re: New

Postby Ayyyy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 am

Going back to fundamentals will make all your pieces better, you might want to have a look at Andrew Loomis figure drawing books to get all the proportions correct.
I can't see your layers, but if you haven't, start off with construction drawings/underlays before rendering your forms out.
Don't be afraid to rely on reference, especially in the initial stages. It will make putting the piece together a lot easier.
Design is pretty cool though, I can kinda get a feel for the character.
Ayyyy
Level 0: Southern Fur Seal

Return to Critique